Thursday, 15 August 2013

Thursday Sewing Linky

It's that time of the week again!
I would love to see what you have been sewing or blogging this week.  I'm still struggling to find a good way to keep up to date with all my favourite bloggers {that's you!} since Google Reader disappeared, so I'm hoping that this will be a great way for me to keep up.

I haven't made any progress at all this week {shameful!} but I am thinking of making some Yo-yos or Suffolk Puffs {I think that's what they are called} with the help of my Clover Yo-Yo Maker.  I need a little handsewing project and I am feeling a little off of EPPing at the mo'.

I love making yo-yos but I'm not sure that they ever look very *modern* tp me...

But I will give it a try.

If you have any yo-yo projects, I would love to see.  Otherwise, I hope you'll link up with any recent sewing post below.



8 comments:

  1. I have used yo-yo's to decorate purses and bags but not done anything bigger than that with them, shall look forward to seeing what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a little pile of yo-yos that I've made but not sure what to do with them either - they never quite look right to me when I've tried to use them to decorate things so far, so I'd also be interested in seeing any yo-yo projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not done any sewing this week due to being ill! I must have burnt myself out sewing last week. Haven't made yo yo's since I was a small child. I'm sure we made them with a neighbour and used to string them together to from the body of a clown dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week is dedicated to baking 48 cookies and a 2-tier cake for a special little girls first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I want an invite to Lisa's ^^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really some sewing in my blog post but my report from the Festival of Quilts. Thanks for the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think it matters if they are modern or not, really. I've never made one, but it looks fun! These look good too, but not sure what yuo could do with these either - haha! Hope all the Dandelions are well today xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mean this doh! http://www.shape-moth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/fabric-water-lilies-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.