Thursday, 5 September 2013

Brit Sewing Thursday Link Up

The last few weeks have just flown by.

We went away on our first *family of 4* holiday.  It was quite an adventure - we stayed for 10 nights in rural France where our alarm clock was a herd of mooing cows and our goodnight came from a pack of howling wolves!

With no telephone signal, television or hint of the internet, I am sorry to say that this blog and my sewing escapades have gone unattended for an age...

but now I'm back! so watch this space...



In the meantime, its Thursday so that can only mean one thing - a link up party.  I can't wait to find out what you've been up to recently, so please, please, please link up a sewing/blog related post and I will pop by later this week.

I did manage to get Jo's Wonky Cross blocks stitched up just in the nick of time.  I really loved making these blocks and I am smitten, so I think there might be a similar wonky cross quilt in my future!

Wonky crosses for Jojo

Wonky crosses for Jojo

Wonky crosses for Jojo

12 comments:

  1. That holiday sounds lush, as are your cross blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your holiday sounds great although I'm glad we haven't got wolves here - we have enough trouble with foxes! Love your wonky crosses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wonky blocks! Glad you had a good holiday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great holiday, and ditto, we had our first proper holiday in France just the 4 of us too! Very excited that you have got a linky party!! I shall be blogging and linking up in the next few hours... glad to have you back!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your holiday sound cool. Very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holiday sounds excellent, and those blocks are very calming xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your vacation from the fast lane - including technology - sounds wonderful! Love those blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a lovely holiday Liz. Are there wolves in France? I shall bear that in mind next time my husband tries to convince me to go camping on the Continent!

    Love the wonky crosses - this would make a fab quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wolves in France? I can't link up because I've been too lazy to sew a stitch! Great blocks though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha - I haven't sewn a stitch recently. It is definitely time to get back into the swing of things. I will try and have something for next week. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love my blocks! Just home from a brief but enjoyable holiday in Italy and here they were! They are even more lovely in real life. Thank you! Glad you had a lovely holiday too! XXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.