Thursday, 19 September 2013

Is it Thursday already?!?!?!?!?!

I am all out of sync this week.  I had to work different days and it has completely thrown me.

Hopefully the Linky Party will still work, so don't be shy and leave me a link below...  I have been busy making another Pleats Sake bag using the free pattern over on U-Handbag.


New Pleats Sake Bag

It's such a quick and easy project, especially if you use a cheater echino print like I did.  I literally started it in the morning because I wanted a new bag to go out for lunch with!

Those purple handles are just amazing in real life.  I was desperate for U-Handbag to get them back in stock when Moira Moira Kettleboiler mentioned that she had some sitting unloved.  Oh my! how I love her to bits. They are really good quality and I can totally recommend them.  I'm not sure how to make the lining look nice once they are sewn on as the stitches are visible, but I improvised with four strategically placed fabric badges and the result makes me smile. 


19 comments:

  1. A great morning's work! This is a gorgeous bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A morning's work, wow!!! I love it, it's completely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bag, and luuuurve the purple handles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute bag Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love and the bag's great too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bag, and yay for Moira and her unloved handles :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes me smile too - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops, just realized that I shouldn't have linked up as your linky is for Brit sewing....does it count that I am a Brit? Off to sit in the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this bag so much when I saw it on Flickr that I toddled off and made one - good enabling Liz ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pleated bag. I am tempted to try it out! Thank you for hosting the linky. Have a great weekend. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bag - might have to sew one up for myself some time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bag and the handles - I've been meaning to try some proper handles. I always assumed that you sewed them before you put the lining in?! But that probably wouldn't work with the construction of the bag and get in the way of the top stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have some of that exact Echino fabric lying around unloved, your bag might get a twin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That bag is fantastic!!! I've always been wary of those handles as I thought they'd be hard work to put in, but they look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh this is so darling. May need one myself...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love you bag, it is just gorgeous. Might need to make one now... Well done

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi just found your lovely blog, looking forward to reading what you've been up to.

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful bag. Thanks for the source! I also saw the sewing machine cover you made as part of a swap...absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.