Thursday, 26 September 2013

Old Bag Lady No More

With this week's latest make, I aint gonna be an Old Bag Lady anymore...

I got myself a Plastic Bag Holder made up at last.  I have been meaning to make one for ages and last week I noticed the fantastic tutorial at In Color Order for a quilted bag holder.

I used a couple of orphan Scrappy Trip blocks that I had made during the blog frenzy that surrounded this block a little while ago.  Sewn together, they were just the right length but a little bit skinny...

So, I also added in some of my *Starter and Enders* - I keep a mini charm pack of 2.5" squares next to my sewing machine and stitch a couple together whenever I need a starter or an ender or even a middler to keep my chain piecing going. They make me so happy because they are like stitchy freebie blocks.


Plastic bag holder

It feels good to use up some orphan blocks and make something useful at the same time.

Plastic bag holder

Its a brilliant stash busting project for using up scraps and I think I might also use it as FMQ practice in the future.

I think these might be my sewing Christmas pressie project for this year now.

What have you been up to???? I love you to link up with us... everyone is welcome.


6 comments:

  1. I had that pattern for ages and it was only reading about it recently on Sheila's blog that made me think - aha I need to get making these as it would be useful and a great FMQ practice piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty and practical - always a good combination! My plastic bags are all spilling out of a big plastic bag in the corner of my kitchen so I could probably do with making myself one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've never been an old bag lady ;) Thanks for the link to the pattern. No linky for me this week - too busy cleaning up little boy sick :( XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bag tidy! I'm nearly knocked over when I open the bag cupboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My placcy bags live in a cupboard, a cover would never see the light of day, so I'll just admire your production line instead ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of those-use it all the time. Yours looks great

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.