Sunday, 29 September 2013

Sew Sew Modern 3 swap complete

This summer, I knew that I wouldn't have much time to sew - I wanted to spend more time with the children, hubster and friends. I was feeling a little bit out of sorts with my sewing. You might remember that earlier in the year, I studied for a super tricky extra legal exam to help {not sure if I ever mentioned that I passed!}. But that awful exam had more of an effect on me than just eating my free time... it also knackered in my creativity. 

I only signed up for one summer sewing swap, because I thought it would give me a deadline to sew to. I lucked out with the secret swap partner that I received... it was Di from Random Thoughts... and she provided me with stacks of inspiration.  You can read about her receiving the sewing machine cover if you follow this link.

Source: Random Thoughts blog

I am really overwhelmed by the response I've had to the Sewing Machine cover I made.  Thank you so much for the messages, pins, flickr faves etc.  I know that a few of you would like more particulars of how I made it and I promise to try and blog the details over the next few days.  For now, I will just say another hugely big thank you for encouraging me so much.

So, I bet you are itching to find out what I received now...

A truly gorgeous package from Stephanie at Quarter Incher blog.  I really wanted a cushion and... guess what lucky ol' me got... a great cushion.

This was the mosaic I made for the swap


Sew sew modern 3
Inspiration Mosaic

and here is the lovely package I received


Sew Sew Modern 3 swap RECEIVED
Received from Stephanie @ Quarter Incher
She got it spot on!

I love it, especially the square in a square cushion.  This is my most favourite block ever.

Thank you so much Stephanie.

Untitled
Cushion cover

I need to get a cushion form in the correct size and then this little beauty is going to ROCK even more.

The only downer was that horrible Customs stung me for tax on the package I received {it came from USA}, which is so annoying.   I don't mind paying it on bought items but really how nasty on a swap package.  Anyway, I have cleaned up my potty mouth dragged my chin off the floor because the contents of the parcel was so beautiful when I opened it.

I think I might try to stick to Brit Swaps from now on because the postage costs and risk of customs really makes is prohibitively expensive now sadly.  

One last pic of that gorgeous cushion so I end this post on a high note...


Untitled

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the exam pass. I completely get how life can make you not want to do the very things you loved like sewing. Sometimes other stuff just gets in the way. Bummer about the customs charge. In every swap I've been in there has been a thread about customs in various countries and what to put in order to help your partner not get stung. Which pretty much means under valuing your goods. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on passing your exam! What a relief that must have been :) Can't believe you got charged for a gift, such a shame, but it is a beautiful cushion! I love those little birds in the corner. Wishing you lots of love XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your law exam - I used to have to do those but thank goodness they are forever behind me! I loved your sewing machine cover for Di - as I told her, she really scored big time having you as a partner :) Enjoy your swap goodies...how can customs be paid for something that is a gift?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your exam but I'm sorry to hear about the customs charge. I think the worst thing is the the handling fee :( I'm glad you received a lovely package, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover you made for Di is one of the loveliest things I've seen. Great package from Stephanie too. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the exam! And on your sewing machine cover - that is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do LOVE that sewing machine cover! Your presents are fabulous. So fun to get that in the mail ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the pass, and great swapsies! You shouldn't have to pay on a gift, I take it it wasn't ticked as such and over-valued...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent news on the exam! Sewing cover is fab and is even persuading me that I need one! So post away about the how to!

    Stinky tax but gorgeous cushion - and yes get a bigger inner so it can be plump and delicious! Loved the mini quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your make for Di is so stunning I can't put it words how much I love it. How nice that you got such a nice package too.

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.