Thursday, 12 September 2013

Whatcha Been Up To?


Hello There!

It is great to see you here at the Thursday Linky Party.  I love hearing/seeing/reading about all your escapades, so please link up.

This week, I have been finishing off the Sewing Machine cover for Sew Sew Modern 3 swap... I'll show you more of that just as soon as I manage to take some half decent pics.

I also made some plus blocks for the Mo Stash Bee.  Gina asked us for plus blocks made using the brilliant photo tutorial pic {see below} by Rachel aka Wooden Spoon {she is uber talented and I always love her gorgeous makes}.

Dimensions for low volume charm plus block
Source: Flickr by Rachel Wooden Spoon

More low volume and brights...

Here are the blocks I made:-


Mo Stash block for Gina #happygolizzie

Mo Stash block for Gina #happygolizzie


I have some big plans for the coming week... If it were only possible, I would love to whip up a word cushion or quilt {see yesterday's Oof post}...

Utterly inspired by Cara from Pink Stitches blog and her utterly gorgeous version, I have also set my sights on making an Aeroplane Bag.  I bought the pattern and ordered some supplies from U-Handbag.  I couldn't find all the correct ingredients in the UK as set out in the actual pattern.  Any tips??? I am not sure what the Soft and Stable doodah is but I can't get it so I need to improvise.


10 comments:

  1. Those blocks make me feel a need for a low volume charm swap! Try this link for a handy interfacing comparison chart http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Interfacings__fusibles_and_stabilisers_comparison_chart.html
    I got all mine from there for my aeroplane bag but it wasn't cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! This is my first linky party! I discovered your delightful blog via Quilt Candy Girl. Looking forward to following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me I haven't posted a blog post for some time! I will write one up and link up. Love your low volume blocks - I really need to build up my low volume stash - I am a little late to the table I realise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice :o)

    Vilene H640 will work perfectly on the bag

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love these blocks! Might have to give it a go myself some time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet blcoks, good luck with the bag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di (willowbeckdesign)knows where to get that soft and stable stuff. She says it's brill. I've got nothing to link for this week - I've actually been busy at work! Hopefully next week - hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I hear my name being mentioned? I did get the soft and stable stuff however headliner foam is far cheaper. I will email you and let you know the info. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, just came across this post! Thank you for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete

I can't tell you how much I love a comment. It makes me smile one huge great big smile.