When I was my month, I asked for some Feathers made using the tutorial over on Anna Maria Horner's blog.
I really wanted this quilt to feel random in its layout and so, yesterday, I set to putting together the feathers, combined with all the low volume charms that I have acquired through the recent swaps. It felt a bit like a puzzle. There was quite a variation in the size of the feather blocks but that works really well with the low volume randomness, I think.
I saved one feather to make into a matching cushion.
I got as far as sewing the quilt top together and here it is...
|I love this row of 2.5 inch squares that I had to add to make it all fit together.|